DirecTV Now is a live TV streaming service that offers a variety of channels, including local channels. However, not all local channels are available in all areas. If you don’t see the local channels you want in your DirecTV Now lineup, you can add them through a third-party streaming service.
In this guide, we will show you how to add local channels to DirecTV Now using two different methods:
- Using an antenna: This is the most affordable option, but it requires you to have an antenna and install it in your home.
- Using a streaming service: This is a more expensive option, but it’s more convenient and you don’t have to worry about installing an antenna.
Using an Antenna
To add local channels to DirecTV Now using an antenna, you will need the following:
- An antenna: You can purchase an antenna from a variety of retailers.
- A coaxial cable: You can use the same coaxial cable that you use for your cable or satellite TV service.
- A TV tuner: This is a device that allows you to connect your antenna to your TV.
Once you have all of the necessary equipment, follow these steps to add local channels to DirecTV Now:
- Connect the antenna to your TV tuner.
- Connect the TV tuner to your TV.
- Scan for channels on your TV.
- Once you have found the local channels you want, add them to your DirecTV Now lineup.
Using a Streaming Service
There are a number of streaming services that offer local channels, including:
- Hulu + Live TV
- YouTube TV
- Sling TV
- Philo app
To add local channels to DirecTV Now using a streaming service, you will need to subscribe to the service and then follow the instructions on the service’s website or app to add the local channels to your lineup.
By following the steps in this guide, you can add local channels to DirecTV Now so that you can watch your favourite shows and sports without having to subscribe to cable or satellite TV.
Here are some additional tips for adding local channels to DirecTV Now:
- Make sure that you have a strong signal from your antenna. If you don’t have a strong signal, you may not be able to receive all of the local channels that are available in your area.
- If you are using a streaming service, make sure that the service offers the local channels that you want. Not all streaming services offer the same local channels.
- Check the prices of the different streaming services before you subscribe. Some streaming services are more expensive than others.
- Consider the features that are important to you when choosing a streaming service. Some streaming services offer more features than others.